Hunger Action Month
Organized by Feeding America, the campaign brings greater attention to the issue of hunger in America and promotes ways for individuals everywhere to get involved with the movement to fight it.. Hunger Action Day will be held September 12th. It is a day where nationwide efforts are focused for greater impact and awareness about the issue of hunger.
Why is Hunger Action Month important?
Hunger exists in every county in the country, affecting 49 million Americans including 16 million children. Feeding America is leading the fight against hunger. In Northeast Ohio, one in six people is at risk of hunger.
Mobilizing your community through any of the actions below will help make the effort a success. As individuals, charities, businesses and government, we all have a role to play in getting food to our neighbors in need.
Take Action Online:
- TURN ORANGE FOR HUNGER RELIEF by making your Facebook and Twitter profiles orange. Click here to view our Hunger Action Month graphics.
- MAKE A MONETARY DONATION online by clicking here.
- DONATE your status and share your local hunger statistics on Facebook and Twitter. Find the latest hunger stats here.
- LIKE & FOLLOW our food bank on social media. Facebook: Facebook.com/ClevelandFoodBank, Twitter: @clefoodbank, Instagram: @clefoodbank.
Take Action In Your Community:
- TURN ORANGE FOR HUNGER RELIEF by wearing orange on Hunger Action Day, September 12. Share a pic of your orange style socially with @CleFoodBank and @FeedingAmerica and use the hashtag #HungerActionMonth. Encourage friends, family, co-workers, etc. to participate too!
- VOLUNTEER at the Food Bank. Sign up for a shift here. Snap a photo of your experience or take a photo at our warehouse selfie station and tag @CleFoodBank
- ATTEND AN EVENT BENEFITING THE FOOD BANK by viewing our calendar and selecting an event to support.