1. Set the Tone with Leadership
- Meet with the leadership of your organization to explain our community’s food needs, and share the importance of the work of the Greater Cleveland Food Bank in the area.
- Ask leaders to sign a letter or send an email of support of your drive to staff.
- Ask them if the company can make a gift to your drive, or donate prizes for raffles or silent auctions, such as days off work, company tickets to sporting events, etc.
2. Recruit a Planning Committee
- Recruit a committee member from each department to promote diversity within the committee and to encourage company participation.
- Host one or more committee meetings to determine the dates of your drive, your company’s goal for fundraising and to plan events that will encourage donations.
- See below for some Fun Fundraising ideas to get your planning started!
3. Host a Kickoff
- Let employees know that your food and funds drive is underway!
- Make an announcement at a staff meeting or hosting a fundraising lunch to kick off your activities.
- Need virtual ideas? Click here!
- Let your leadership and coworkers know how far their donation will go! Remember that with each $1 donation, the Food Bank can provide up to four meals for those in need in our community.
- Consider asking a Greater Cleveland Food Bank staff member to speak to your group about the Food Bank and who we serve.
- Share photos or videos from the event with the Greater Cleveland Food Bank via social media. We can reshare images of your good work on our pages.
Find us on:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn | YouTube
4. Share your Progress and Promote your Upcoming Events
- Consider tracking your drive progress in a public place to motivate staff to give in order to reach your goal.
- Create posters, send internal emails, use company newsletters and word of mouth to promote your drive’s events and deadlines.
5. Wrap-Up and Celebrate!
- Wrap up your drive by announcing your final food and fundraising total.
- Thank everyone who made a donation to your drive. Remind them that hunger exists throughout the year and that they are an important part of the solution.
- Consider planning a trip to the Greater Cleveland Food Bank to drop off your donations and to volunteer in our warehouse with your coworkers.
- Meet with your committee one last time to discuss what went well, and what areas could use improvement, so that your next drive will be even more successful!
Please contact our Corporate team at 216.738.2046 or via email.