Companies and community partners provide critical resources to the Greater Cleveland Food Bank, helping to provide over 57 million meals a year.
There are a number of ways for your company to support the Greater Cleveland Food Bank and foster a culture of service with you staff.
Food & Funds Drives
Organize an employee food or funds drive at your workplace and help feed hungry families in the communities we serve. We offer branded marketing materials and a speaker’s bureau, as well as a virtual food drive online donation system, allowing for easy and convenient "teamraising" opportunities. Consider matching employee contributions and double your impact! Learn more about traditional and virtual food drives.
Corporate Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteers are crucial to the operation of the Greater Cleveland Food Bank. In fact, last year more than 18,000 volunteers provided more than 85,0000 hours of service, the equivalent of over 40 full-time employees! It would not be possible to collect, sort and repack all of the food that comes through our warehouse every day without volunteers. From groups of ten to 100, companies can provide employees and management with this great team-building opportunity. Learn more about volunteer opportunities.
Harvest for Hunger
You can join more than 600 local companies and organizations in the fight against hunger by participating in the annual Harvest for Hunger campaign. Harvest for Hunger is a collaborative effort of four area food banks in Northeast Ohio. This campaign is one of the largest annual community-wide food and funds drives in the nation, providing more than 22 million meals across 21 counties in Northeast Ohio.
Companies that participate in Harvest for Hunger have discovered that, in addition to helping those in need, their employees enjoy the team-building activities of their company food and funds drive. Additional opportunities for support include employee matching gift programs, a corporate contribution, or sponsorship of a Harvest for Hunger event.
Creating a cause marketing campaign is a simple and effective way to support the Food Bank. You can collect funds from your customers and staff, provide critical support for our hunger relief efforts, and promote your business. There are many ways to engage your customers and the community in the fight to end hunger. Here are some examples of successful partnerships:
- Dunkin’ Donuts locations sold icons in-store for $1 each and raised more than $106,000 in a month.
- Breadsmith of Lakewood donates nearly $8,000 a year through change collections at their register.
- Dewey’s Pizza made a $5,000 donation after contributing $5 per large pizza sold for a week at 3 locations.
- H. Jack's Plumbing & Heating Co.donated a portion of proceeds and inspired other local companies to join their campaign, raising over $40,000 to fight hunger.
The Food Bank works closely with partners to provide campaign collateral and marketing support for cause marketing campaigns. For more information and to partner in a cause marketing campaign, contact our Corporate Relations Team at 216.738.2046 or via email for more information.
Sponsorship opportunities are available for Market at the Food Bank and Taste of the Browns.
- Market at the Food Bank celebrates the annual Harvest for Hunger spring fundraising campaign. The Food Bank’s food distribution center transforms into a festive party venue featuring delicious culinary cuisine prepared by more than 50 of Northeast Ohio’s finest restaurants.
- Taste of the Browns combines our city’s passion for its professional football team, our appreciation of Cleveland’s acclaimed culinary cuisine, and our commitment to the community. Guests can mingle with Cleveland Browns celebrities while enjoying delicious tastings prepared by more than 25 of Cleveland’s premier restaurants and beverage purveyors, located on the club level of FirstEnergy Stadium.
Workplace Giving: Matching Gifts
One of the easiest, most effective ways you can support the Greater Cleveland Food Bank is through workplace giving. Workplace giving — which often takes form in payroll contributions and matching gifts — enables the Food Bank to assist the more than 300,000 people we serve annually. Does your company offer to match employees’, retirees’ and employees’ spouses’ donations? Implement a matching gift program today and maximize the impact of your employees donations.
Below are just some of the companies who generously match gifts made by their employees. Click here for a full list of companies who will match their employees gifts.
Workplace Giving: Employee Giving
Payroll deduction is an employer-sponsored program that empowers employees to support the Greater Cleveland Food Bank’s mission with a tax-deductible donation given directly from your paycheck. Payroll deduction is one of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to support the Food Bank. A few dollars deducted from your paycheck each pay period can make a lasting impact on the lives of our community members struggling with hunger. Work with your Human Resources Department to find out if your company participates and watch your contribution go even further.
The Greater Cleveland Food Bank has a variety of funding opportunities for programs designed to help meet the needs of our community with a focus on vulnerable groups, including children, seniors and clients with health challenges.
- At-risk children are served meals when they are most vulnerable to hunger – after school, weekends, and in the summer
- Low income and home-bound senior citizens are provided nutritious meals and fresh produce where the live
- Clients with diabetes and high blood pressure receive fresh and nutritious meals to help manage diet-related health conditions
- Eligible low-income community members that are not currently receiving public food assistance benefits receive SNAP application assistance through the Greater Cleveland Food Bank Help Center
Please contact our Corporate Relations Team at 216.738.7246 or via email to discuss how to get involved.