Close
icon-close-white-x
Greater Cleveland Food Bank

Senior Markets

Programs/Senior Markets
Senior Markets

The Food Bank provides a delivery of fresh, nutritious produce and other food to a senior-specific location.

The Greater Cleveland Food Bank is committed to serving the increasing number of seniors in our communities. The Senior Market Program is designed specifically for low-income seniors. The Food Bank provides a delivery of fresh, nutritious produce and other food to a senior-specific location, like an apartment/housing complex or senior center. Senior Market partners include variety of nonprofit, housing, and other organizations. For a list of senior market locations, please click here.

In addition to distributing food, the market incorporates nutrition tips, cooking demonstrations, benefits application assistance, and health care information & screenings. Many Senior Market sites invite other agencies to provide wrap-around services which may include utility assistance, rent assistance, cell phone services, healthcare coverage, and financial assistance. Beyond providing food, the market aims to create a sense of community and fellowship for the seniors.

Partners receive a certain amount of food dependent on the amount of seniors served. All Senior Market partners serve at least 100 seniors households. The delivery will usually contain 90% produce such as apples, cabbage, greens, sweet potatoes, onions, carrots, oranges, melons and more. The remaining 10% is usually bread, dairy, or frozen products

For more information on the Senior Market Program, please contact our our Senior Partnerships Staff at seniors@clevelandfoodbank.org or 216-738-7245

Back to Programs