Member Agency Benefits
Member Agencies/Member Agency Benefits
Benefits of Becoming a Partner Agency
- The Greater Cleveland Food Bank (GCFB) is a tremendous resource for our partner agency’s food and non-food needs. The Food Bank distributes donated and prepared products, as well as products from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), and the Ohio Food Program (OFP).
- The Food Bank provides partner agencies access to a wide variety of items including shelf stable foods, frozen and refrigerated foods, fresh produce, beverages, health and hygiene items and paper products. There are over 150 items available on our daily Shopping List, with additional products available daily in our MarketPlace.
- The Food Bank solicits and maintains relationships with local and national donors on your behalf, such as Giant Eagle, Heinen’s, Kraft, Nabisco, Nestle USA, Proctor and Gamble, and Walmart. These companies work with Feeding America and the GCFB because of our abilities to respond to large donations, to manage the transportation, to receipt and inventory the products according to their needs and to distribute the products according to their guidelines.
- The Food Bank transports, inspects, inventories, warehouses and distributes all food and non-food items with the highest standards. The GCFB passes regular inspections from the USDA, Feeding America and the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services. The GCFB Kitchen passes daily Ohio Department of Agriculture inspections.
- The GCFB distributed 45 million pounds of food last year, which included highly nutritious fresh produce and perishable items.
- Federal USDA/TEFAP commodities and Ohio OFP products are distributed through the Food Bank’s network of emergency food providers, which is comprised of pantry programs, hot meal programs and shelters.
- The Food Bank provides a MarketPlace shopping area where agencies are welcome to shop for fresh produce and other donated items to help supplement their orders.
- The GCFB offers innovative programs and comprehensive agency support services. The Greater Cleveland Food Bank Kitchen, Kids Café Program, BackPack Program for Kids and Mobile Pantry programs are a few of our current programs. Agency educational opportunities, our delivery service, and our Advocacy and Public Education Program all represent our commitment to providing comprehensive agency support.
- The Food Bank provides training and education, and promotes best practices through variousworkshops, through outreach information (SNAP, HEAP, etc) and through our annual site visits. A food safety certificate course, nutrition education, client relations, and program management workshops are a few of the classes offered at the GCFB. Member agency networking and support opportunities are also available and coordinated through the Agency Academy.
- The Greater Cleveland Food Bank lends our name and reputation in the community to help support the efforts of member agencies. The GCFB is a recognized leader and vital link in the networking and collaboration efforts in our social service community.